Halloumi & Quinoa Summer Salad Recipe
This Middle Eastern-inspired salad makes a speedy and satisfying summer salad that is super delicious as well as being perfect for taking to family gatherings and BBQ's.
- 2 brown pittas, torn into pieces
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g block halloumi, sliced
- 250g microwavable pouch quinoa
- 350g medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large cucumber, halved, deseeded and sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- ½ small bunch mint, chopped
- ½ small bunch dill, roughly chopped
Heat the grill to high. Toss the pitta pieces with 1 tbsp oil and spread out onto a baking sheet. Grill for 3-4 mins, turning halfway, until golden and crisp. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining oil with the lemon juice and garlic, then season. Heat a large griddle pan or non-stick frying pan over a high heat and cook the halloumi for 1-2 mins on each side or until lightly charred.
Cook the quinoa following pack instructions, leave to cool, then toss with the tomatoes, cucumber, spring onion, most of the fresh herbs and the dressing. Season to taste. Tip onto a serving plate and top with the halloumi, pitta and remaining herbs.