International Women's Day
International Women’s Day is just around the corner, and though we all have heard of the day, many of us are unsure about how to get involved and what this year’s theme is.
The theme for this year is #ChooseToChallenge. This is encouraging women everywhere to challenge ideas to help action a gender equal world and also celebrate women’s achievements.
If you are challenging yourself and getting involved with International Women’s day this year, we’d love to hear more about what you are doing. Get in touch through our social channels:
How to get involved?
Test your knowledge
If you’re wondering how you can get involved even during a pandemic, then we have some events that you might want to take a look into. If you’re up for a fun evening to celebrate International Women’s Day, then take part in this exciting quiz to test your knowledge on feminist pop culture. This will include special giveaways, laughs and a way to raise some money for the young women’s trust.
Join the empowerment walk
Seeing as we have all lost count of the many walks we have done since lockdown 1, why not put your training to use and take part in the 'Rise together' walk around London to celebrate women who made history. Rising girl is an organisation that helps to empower young girls in education to break barriers, and they are raising awareness with an empowerment walk on the 8th March. Register and find out more here...
Raise your hands for IWD
Take part in the International Women’s day social media campaign. On the 8th March you might see a ton of photos of people raising their hands to celebrate and show their support for this years theme. You can also get involved by doing the same and posting it to your social media platform using #ChooseToChallenge and #IWD2021.
You can even send in your photo direct to the IWD website for a chance to appear on their social feeds. Sounds like something you want to get involved with? Click below to get started:
As a small team, we thought we would put our own fun spin on International women’s day and discuss some of the things we would tell our younger selves…
1) Ashleigh an entire cheesecake is not an acceptable lunch
2) You make your own path in life, in the song Surfing get “busy making my own waves, baby I ain't riding no waves.” Don’t dance to someone else’s tune, what you put into life you get out of it so be authentically you.
3) Putting yourself first is not selfish!
2) Be you! and do whatever makes you happy!
1) Don't worry so much - it will be ok
2) Take every opportunity thrown at you - take the risk
3)Try not to care so much about what people think.
1) That thing you love, stick with it, follow your gut... it will become your career.
1) The only validation you need is your own
2) If you listen to your gut it will serve you well, it always has and always will
3) Never forget Bob Marley said:
“If she is amazing, she won’t be easy.
If she is easy, she won’t be amazing
If she is worth it, you won’t give up
If you give up, you are not worthy.
Truth is, everybody is going to get hurt;
You just gotta find the one’s worth suffering for!”