Recipe of the Month
You know us at Truly, we love an easy, delicious recipe!
We know how difficult it can be to think of dinner inspiration and, as we are all foodies in the office, we love to try and new recipes and pass them on. Luckily between the 5 of us Ash is a Vegan, Rach is Gluten Free, and Tara is a Vegetarian so we can all trial out and test new recipes.
Our recipe of the month is a Butternut Squash Soup, super easy to make and of course delicious. As the weather is still chilly, we thought a warm soup (before soup season is officially over) would be best for February. Plus, the thing we love most about soup is leftovers can be heated up and eaten for lunch the next day!
Made up from 5 Ingredients and 5 steps, you’ll be surprised how much of this you have already have in your cupboard. Here’s the traditional butternut squash soup method:
1 whole butternut
1 pint of Vegetable stock
1 clove of garlic
End of loaf bread/ sour dough
1. Peel and slice the Butternut and onion and drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 mins
2. Peel the garlic and chop finely, then chop into squares the end of bread or sour dough for croutons.
3. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add a tablespoon of oil or butter add the bread and garlic and toast until croutons are desired colour
4. Remove the roasted vegetables and put into a blender making sure to scrape all the juices from the pan and add the vegetable stock then blend until smooth
5. Put a portion of soup into a bowl and scatter some croutons on the top and serve!
Feel free to adapt this as much as you would like!
If you’re looking for a bit of inspiration here’s what pairs beautifully with butternut squash soup:
Herbs & Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, rosemary, sage, thyme, bay leaf.
Sweet: brown sugar, maple syrup, honey.
Savoury: bacon, chicken, beef, ham, turkey, sausage, nuts, pasta, rice, eggs.